Celebrating the very best suppliers to the group travel industry.
Thursday, 3rd September 2020
If you missed it, then don't worry...as you can watch the full re-run below!
Important information about the Group Travel Awards 2020
Landor Travel Publications have been continuously monitoring the ongoing situation in relation to Covid-19 and what this means for the 2020 Group Travel Awards.
As you know, back in March we took the decision to postpone the awards ceremony from 5th June to 3rd September, as at that time we optimistically hoped that we’d be able to still be able to deliver the fantastic live event that our industry looks forward to each year.
Whilst some restrictions are slowly beginning to lift, current government advice is that exhibitions and large social gatherings are still unable to take place. Additionally, Landor Travel Publications have carefully considered the best judgment to protect the health and safety of our guests and staff and the nature of any event that we could potentially hold.
Whilst we considered the option of delaying the ceremony further, there is no certainty of when we could hold it in an appropriate way, if at all, in the foreseeable future. And in any case we feel it is important that the 2020 nominees, and indeed winners, should receive the recognition they deserve for their hard work and exceptional service to our group travel organiser audience who voted for them.
We also feel that there is much to achieve by putting the spotlight on group travel, as general leisure and holiday activity starts to tentatively resume, and for there to be an opportunity for this specialist sector to come together and connect group travel customers and their suppliers.
Therefore, we are delighted to announce that Landor Travel Publications are breaking new ground by teaming up with a fantastic television production company to create an exciting new live pop-up TV channel that will broadcast the Group Travel Awards free-to-air from a London studios on Thursday September 3rd as part of our new ‘Celebrate Group Travel Day’ programme.
Working with AOK Media House, the pop up TV channel on that day will deploy high quality broadcast technology to bring the nation’s group travel organisers together with the industry’s specialist suppliers, attractions and destinations to celebrate and showcase the best in the sector. And to underline the importance of group travel as it starts to resume after the dramatic suspension brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic and activity lockdown.
You can find further information about the Celebrate Group Travel Day event, the Awards broadcast, and how to get involved with it all via the GTO magazine website.
We appreciate how disappointed everyone must be that the Group Travel Awards are unable to proceed in their usual format this year, but we believe that this ground breaking broadcast, celebrating all that is great about group travel, is the very best way to recognise and support our industry, whilst also keeping everyone safe, during the pandemic.
If you have any further questions at this stage, please do let me know. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
With best wishes,
Event Director – Group Travel Awards
Landor Travel Publications
2020 winners revealed!
Following our presentation evening programme, which was broadcast live on Thursday 3rd September, we are delighted to reveal the winners of the 2020 Group Travel Awards.We celebrated the 24th edition of the prestigious Group Travel Awards at London Studios, which was broadcasted live on YouTube TV. The popular Irish broadcaster, Patrick Kielty, was our fantastic awards host, alongside Landor Travel Publications’ Partnership and Product Director, Sarah Jeffery. Together they announced the winners from the 26 nominated award categories (voted for by readers of GTO magazine and the Group Travel Grapevine) and four special editor’s awards.
The Group Travel Awards are the highlight of the group travel industry year, and despite the unprecedented circumstances, the GTO team would like to thank all sponsors of the awards for 2020, and we look forward to catching up with you all again at our usual Awards evening in 2021.
The 2020 winners are…
- Winner: Jet2.com
- Runner-up: British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Winner: Austria
- Runner-up: Switzerland
Sponsor: Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
- Winner: Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
- Runner-up: Cruise & Maritime Voyages
- Emerald Waterways
- P&O Cruises
Sponsor: Travel Editions Group Travel
- Winner: www.traveleditions.co.uk
- Runner-up: Leeds Castle Brochure
- English Heritage Group Visits Guide 2019/20
- Groups Direct Brochure
- Windsor Great Park The Savill Garden; Group Visits Guide
- Winner: Planet Hollywood
- Runner-up: Hard Rock Café London
- Bateaux London
- Bodelwyddan Castle Hotel
- Faulty Towers: The Dining Experience
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
- Winner (Small): Dunwood Travel
- Winner (Large): Edwards Coaches
- Runner-up (Small): David Urquhart Travel
- Runner-up (Large): Lucketts Travel
- Alfa Travel Coach Holidays
- Bakers Dolphin
- Chalkwell Coaches
- Daish’s Holidays
- Harry Shaw
- InterChoice Holidays
- Kirby’s Coaches
- Shearings Holidays
Sponsor: Disneyland Paris (Large Coach Operator) Eurotunnel Le Shuttle (Small Coach Operator)
- Winner: West Midland Safari & Leisure Park
- Runner-up: Longleat
- Hawk Conservancy Trust
- SEA LIFE London Aquarium
- The Deep
- ZSL London Zoo
Sponsor: Discover Animals
- Winner: Eurostar
- Runner-up: P&O Ferries
Sponsor: University of Kent
- Winner: IOW Tours
- Runner-up: Airedale Tours
- Daish’s Holidays
- Greatdays Travel Group
- Riviera Travel
- Shearings Holidays
- Success Tours
- Travel Editions
- just for groups!
- Winner: Norton Grange, Coastal Village, Isle of Wight (Warner Leisure Hotels)
- Runner-up: Potters Resort Norfolk
- Gunton Hall Coastal Village (Warner Leisure Hotels)
- Lower Hyde Holiday Park, Isle of Wight (Parkdean Resorts)
- Mill Rythe Holiday Village, Hayling Island (Away Resorts)
Sponsor: Isle of Wight Tours
- Winner: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
- Runner-up: Legoland Windsor
- Beamish; the Living Museum of the North
- Cadbury World
- Hever Castle
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- The Royal Mint Experience
- Winner: Disneyland Paris, France
- Runner-up: Cologne Cathedral, Germany
- Efteling, Netherlands
- Guinness Storehouse, Ireland
- Titanic Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Winner: Rendezvous Hotel, Skipton
- Runner-up: St Kilda Hotel, Llandudno
- Littlecote House (Warner Leisure Hotels)
- Queens Hotel, Eastbourne (Leisureplex)
- Shanklin Hotel, Isle of Wight (Leisureplex)
- The Prince Regent, Weymouth (Daish’s)
- Winner: Group Line
- Runner-up: Encore
- Delfont Mackintosh Theatres
- Groups Direct
- See Groups
Sponsor: Planet Hollywood
- Winner: Kynren – an epic tale of England
- Runner-up: RHS Garden Wisley Flower Show
- Christmas at Kew
- Royal Ascot
- The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Thursford Christmas Spectacular
- Winner: French Brothers
- Runner-up: City Cruises
- Canterbury Historic River Tours
- CroisiEurope Cruises
- River Cruise Line
- Stuart Line Cruises
- Thames Clippers
- Windermere Lake Cruises
Sponsor: GO Travel Show
- Winner: GWR
- Runner-up: Avanti West Coast
- South West Trains
Sponsor: Warner Bros Studio Tour; The Making of Harry Potter
- Winner: Houses of Parliament
- Runner-up: Shakespeare’s Globe
- BBC Tours
- Canterbury Guided Tours
- Emmerdale Village Tour
- Groups Direct
- MINI Plant Oxford (BMW Group)
- Royal Opera House
- The Original Tour
- Winner: Les Misérables
- Runner-up: Tina: The Tina Turner Musical
- 9 to 5: The Musical
- Come from Away
- Everybody’s Talking About Jamie
- The Lion King
Sponsor: Group Line
- Winner: University of Kent, Canterbury
- Runner-up: University of Portsmouth
- Imperial College London
- St Aidan’s College at Durham University
- York Conferences at The University of York
- Winner: The Savill Garden
- Runner-up: Blenheim Palace
- Buckingham Palace
- Hampton Court Palace
- Leeds Castle
- RHS Garden Wisley
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- The Eden Project
- Waddesdon Manor
- Woburn Abbey
- Winner: Daish’s Holidays
- Runner-up: Warner Leisure Hotels
- Abacus Hotels
- Holdsworth Hotels
- Ibis Hotels
- Jurys Inn
- Premier Inn
- Winner: Royal Museums Greenwich
- Runner-up: Tower of London
- BODY WORLDS London
- Buckingham Palace
- Houses of Parliament
- Jeff Wayne’s The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience
- Royal Albert Hall
- Shakespeare’s Globe
- Southbank Centre
- The View from The Shard
Sponsor: Wendy Wu Tours
- Winner: Windsor Castle
- Runner-up: Ironbridge Gorge Museums
- Blenheim Palace
- Bletchley Park
- Bombay Sapphire Distillery
- National Memorial Arboretum
- Shakespeare’s Birthplace Trust
- The Eden Project
Sponsor: The View from The Shard
- Winner: Isle of Wight
- Runner-up: Canterbury
Sponsor: Daish’s Holidays
- Winner: Invisible Cities
Sponsor: GTO Magazine
- Winner: Talliston House and Gardens
Sponsor: Britain’s Delightful Towns
- Winner: The Hastings Contemporary
- Winner: Harold Burke
2019 Review Magazine
Celebrating the very best suppliers in group travel, The 2019 Group Travel Awards, took place on Friday 7th June 2019 at the Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel, London when the winners in each of the 26 categories were announced.
The results were kept under wraps until our gala evening, when they were announced on stage by our sponsors and Michaela Strachan; our presenter and host for our special 23rd award ceremony!
Group Travel Awards 2019 Highlights
In exchange for your sponsorship, we offer:
- Editorial coverage in GTO Magazine in issues leading up to the event, as well as our Group Travel Grapevine email newsletter.
- Complimentary seats at the gala evening presentation event.
- Coverage in the Awards Menu.
- Your logo to appear on a PowerPoint display during the gala evening, plus enhanced exposure when you present your category.
- Your company logo displayed prominently on the Group Travel Awards website, together with a direct link to your own web site.
- Together with our Celebrity Host, you will present the trophy to the winner of your chosen category.
- Editorial coverage regarding your involvement in the awards will be published in the special Awards Supplement which accompanies the June/July 2020 issue of GTO Magazine after the event.
- Logo credits on e-mails promoting the event.
Sponsorship of The Group Travel Awards is an opportunity to invest and celebrate in group travel excellence!
Contact Sarah Jeffery
With a passion for travel, Sarah has worked within the industry for almost 20 years. 18 of these have been spent with Landor Travel Publications, specialising in the group travel industry; working on GTO Magazine, together with regional and national group travel exhibitions. The 2020 Group Travel Awards will be the 12th that Sarah has organised and are the highlight of Sarah’s industry calendar.
To discuss sponsorship opportunities or should you have any questions about the awards, please contact Sarah via one of the methods below.